Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mobile Mania

A thief was looking sad. His friend asked him what the matter was,
"I lost my phone!" the thief repled despondently
"Did someone steal it?" the other asked laughing.
"You see, I went into a house in the middle of the night to steal. I forgot to put my phone on vibrate mode.When it rang..."
"...it woke up everyone?"
"Not just that! There were 4 people in that house and they all thought it was their mobile phone ringing. They jumped on me screaming 'its my call' I had to throw the phone down and run away"
This is a joke. But it might as well be true. I have been to many countries and never yet seen people as obsessed with cell phones as in India. Here, we keep it under the pillow when sleeping, in the shower when bathing and forget it in the toilet too.

We are like overprotective parents to a baby. We carry the responsibility everywhere. We encourage it to have as many features as possible. We compare it to that of our friends.

Now, come to think of it, when will we have the make-it-yourself mobile? I pick the design, I pick the features " I want bluetooth, I dont want FM radio, I want mp3 player and video recorder, I want 10 Mega pixel camera. Please put it all together and tell me the charge."

Nokia and Motorola are you listening ?

No comments: