Monday, May 19, 2008

Open gutters - an open issue

It is not a mere gurgle of a river. It is the coughing and sputtering of a polluted brown muddy sewer. Nowhere else have I ever come across an abomination like this and I don't have simple words in which to describe it.

It raises stink of 20 dead rats and its murky depths contain plastic and all other sorts of unmentionable debris. My blog will probably get instantly taken down for disgusting content if I tried to describe it more in detail.

This open gutter system is a real threat. Come rains, it bubbles out, and gently cleans our feet in a deadly caress. Or should I say it turns us into dead carcass?

The amazing view of this seething cauldron of hell can be seen from many apartments in many places. I guess the residents of such apartments just tell themselves that they have a great "water" view. I hope that since it is moving water, it does not double up as a breeding place for mosquitoes!

No comments: